Types of Members
Membership with Vietnamese Industrial Hygiene Association is open to all individuals and entities involved in the field of industrial hygiene, safety and accident prevention regardless of race, color, creed, ideology, religion, social status, sex, or political beliefs.
Membership categories are as follows:
- Student Members
- Associate Members
- Full Members
- Honorary Members
The Student Membership category is available for any student in middle or high school (grades 6-12) or enrolled full time (12+ hours per semester/term) in a college/university undergraduate or graduate/postgraduate degree program.
There is no cost associated with the VIHA Student Membership as long as the member provides annual documentation of full-time student status.
To apply for student member with the VIHA, please contact us at email@example.com
An individual who will gain admission to become an Associate Member of the VIHA shall be required at the time of application
- Have an associate degree in industrial hygiene, chemistry, physics, engineering biology, medicine and other approved discipline by VIHA Committee.
- Work in or have a professional interest in one of the following fields: occupational health, industrial hygiene, occupational medicine, occupational safety and environmental health
- Spend a majority of time in industrial hygiene, occupational and environmental health and safety related activities.
An individual who will gain admission to become a Full Member of the VIHA shall be required at the time of application
- Have a bachelor degree or a professional qualification in industrial hygiene, chemistry, physics, engineering, biology, medicine, occupational health and safety, ergonomics and environmental health and other approved disciplines by VIHA Committee Board.
- Have a minimum of three years of experience
- Be active in the field of occupational hygiene or environmental health or any above-mentioned fields.
Experience can substitute education on the basis of two years of qualifying experience for one year of undergraduate education. Full-time graduate study in one of the disciplines listed above qualifies on an equivalent time basis for any portion of the required experience.
The VIHA Committee will elect any individual to be the Honorary Member for
- those who make or have made significant contributions to the industrial hygiene field or occupational and environmental health and safety profession.
- those who by their rank or professional standing recognize the aims of the Association
Honorary memberships shall be considered as purely honorary and requiring no dues. The Committee Board will keep all the registration details updated and keep Members informed of any changes in their registration record.