VIHA has established criteria for professional certifications. These criteria are based on ISO/IEC 17024 standard.
General Application Criteria
- Education: Will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any field or professional qualification in occupational health and safety and other approved disciplines by the Board.
- Work experience: Will have five (5) or seven (7) years of safety experience where Industrial hygiene is at least 50%, preventative*, professional level with depth of safety duties.
- Examination: Must pass an examination
- Maintenance: Remain your certification
- pay annual renewal fee and
- meet recertification requirements
What “Preventative” mean to me?
My duties are actively involved with provision of day to day risk assessments and control measures to protect people, and prevent accidents at work